With warmer weather approaching and school being out for the summer the Union Fire Company reminds residents to play it safe around pools.
1. Never leave a child unattended in or near water.
2. Teach children how to swim.
3. Teach children to stay away from drains.
4. Ensure all pools and spas - both in your backyard and any public pool you may visit - have compliant drain covers.
5. Install proper barriers, covers and alarms on and around your pool and spa.
6. Know how to perform CPR on children and adults.